JCSSA Range Rules (Revised 5/23/2018)
1. Safety is Number 1 at JCSSA. Safety is everyone’s responsibility and as a member you are expected to abide by common sense safety rules.
2. Members are requested to wear their membership badges while using the Range.
3. This is a COLD range. Loaded firearms are permitted only in the proper shooting bays while following the proper shooting procedures.
4. No alcoholic beverages of any kind are allowed on the range property.
5. Shooting hours are from Sunup to Sundown. No shooting after dark.
6. Eye and ear protection must be worn by shooters and observers while on the range.
7. Firearms are not to be pointed at any individual under any circumstances. Watch your muzzle.
8. Firearms shall not be handled when people are downrange. Handguns shall be unloaded and holstered or on the bench, unloaded, with the action opened and long guns will be placed in the rifle rack, unloaded, with the action open until all personnel are behind the firing line.
9. Targets should be properly placed so as not to destroy or damage the existing wooden target stands. Free standing Target Stands may be used if positioned so all rounds go into the berm and do not damage the backstops. No targets shall be placed on the ground at any time. Only proper targets are to be used. No cans, jugs, bottles, etc.
10. The 100 and 200 yard ranges are reserved for rifles only, with the exception of specialty long range pistols.
11. No fully automatic firearms are permitted.
12. Firing of shotguns is permitted only in designated areas.
13. Drawing and firing a handgun from the holster is permitted only if;
o You are a Law Enforcement Officer.
o You are Classified in IDPA or USPSA or a recognized similar group .
o You have demonstrated to the a Member of the Board the safe handling and use of holstered firearms.
14. At the discretion of the Match Director all or parts of the range will be closed for scheduled matches.
15. No hunting on JCSSA property is permitted.
16. If you observe anyone violating range rules, acting in an unsafe manner, destroying, or defacing property; do not get into a confrontation. Get a license number and or a picture with your phone and report this to any member of the Board of Directors.
17. Speed Limit – 10 mph or less between the gate and the shooting bays.
18. Lock the gate behind you each time you pass through. The gate code is on the back of your membership card and will change each January 1. Spin the cylinders and make sure it is locked. The gate code is considered confidential and may not be given to any other person.
19. The use of any device that increases the cyclical rate of fire, including but not limited to bump stocks, crank firing systems and binary trigger systems (those that fire on the pull and the release), of any type of firearm is prohibited.
20. No teaching or instructional classes of any kind shall be held at the range. Members who are certified as instructors, except for those few who are grandfathered in, may not use the range for any instruction to any group. JCSSA is a non-profit, family oriented facility and shall not be used for unauthorized activities. Teaching your family or guests safe shooting habits and proper use of firearms does not fall under this rule and is permitted and encouraged at all times.
We want everyone to be safe and have an enjoyable experience at the range. Violation of these rules is a serious matter. If you are observed violating these rules, destroying, or defacing property, you may be required to appear before the Board of Directors for appropriate action.